Search This Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2014

I'm 51 years old. I graduated from college last year. Those two statement sum up the entire gist of this blog.

I have job experience. LOTS of it. I've been working since I was 11. Retail, administrative support, call centers, customer service, some construction management. Crappy hours, holidays, nights, weekends, low pay. But I gritted my teeth and did what I had to do until my kids graduated from high school. After the youngest graduated, I returned to the college I left back in the 80's. I worked full time and went to school full time. I took classes in the summer, had perfect attendance and graduated with a 4.0 in my major and a 3.0 cumulative average, (Thanks to my lousy attendance in my youth).

After I graduated I found a job at a small law firm with two attorneys that I absolutely adore. Smart, ambitious women, amazing mentors. I was in work heaven. But things happened and they both left the firm for private practice. Thus I find myself back in the job market.

Job hunting has changed dramatically over the years and I find myself feeling somewhat like a fish out of water. Not only have job seeking techniques and strategies changed but the kind of job I'm seeking has changed as well. In order to track my progress, I'm going to blog about my job search, share links to techniques, suggestions and articles and hopefully it will help me find a job and help other job seekers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment